Press credentials are granted to individuals who are on assignment for or employees of a media outlet appropriate to cover the eye and vision research news. Members of the press credentialed to cover the ARVO-Asia 2017 Meeting and receive complimentary meeting registration.
Applications for press registration are now open. Please send an email request, containing the following information, to email@example.com:
• Full name
• Job title/position
• Publication website URL
• Email address
Eligibility for press credentials
Who is eligible for press registration?
- Media representatives: Editorial staff/representatives (reporters, writers, editors) of publications including broadcast media, print and electronic newspapers, news services and magazines.
- Freelance science writers
- Internet news outlets (bloggers may be considered)
- Science or medical journals with news sections
- Journalism students
Note: Applicants may be asked to provide additional information for verification, including mastheads or editorial pages and recent bylined articles.
Who is not eligible for press registration?
- Representatives of public relations, advertising or marketing firms
- Representatives of corporate public relations, advertising and marketing departments
- Representatives of financial analysis firms
- Scientists and ARVO members
- Publishers and representatives of advertising, sales or marketing departments of publications or broadcast media
- Representatives of special interest groups
- Embargo policy: The research presented at the ARVO-Asia Meeting may be proprietary or may have been submitted for publication. The press must seek approval from the presenter(s) before reporting data found in abstracts, or heard or seen in paper or poster presentations. Press releases or stories on information presented at the ARVO-Asia Meeting may not be released or published until the conclusion of the presentation. Any individual who does not adhere to the Press Policy will be asked to forfeit his or her press credentials at the discretion of the ARVO communications staff.
- Recording/photography: Recording (photographing, audio taping or videotaping) any presentation/session is prohibited, except by an ARVO-authorized agent or by First Authors who wish to photograph their own poster presentation. Violators risk confiscation of their equipment and/or dismissal from the Meeting.
- ARVO does not share its news release distribution list or its list of journalist attendees with outside organizations.
- Any individuals with a press badge who sells, markets or represents a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and all subsequent meetings.
- All fee events (social activities) must be paid for by the journalist.