Located in the Mid-Atlantic, Baltimore is easily accessible by planes, trains and automobiles!
For a discount on air travel purchase your ticket through Delta Airlines.
Reservations and ticketing are available via the Delta Airline’s website. Once you reach the “Book A Flight” page, complete the required information and enter the meeting code: NMPS5 in the box provided.
Reservations may also be made by calling our Delta Meeting reservations at 800-328- 1111 Mon-Fri 7am-7pm CDT. Be sure to mention the meeting code NMPS5.
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) is just a 15 minute taxi or shuttle ride from the downtown Baltimore area. BWI Thurgood Marshall offers easy access to the several public transportation options to reach downtown Baltimore with the ability to take advantage of the free Charm City Circulator as well as the BWI Amtrak Station.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located an hour and a half from the downtown Baltimore Area. Best means of transport from Dulles is the use of SuperShuttle or taxi. For those looking to make use of public transportation, Dulles offers the Silver Line Express Bus to Metrorail Station. From the Wiehle-Reston station a journey to Metro’s Union Station, from there another train ride on the MARC and Amtrak trains to gain access to the downtown Baltimore Area.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is located approximately an hour outside of the downtown Baltimore Area. DCA, located in the heart of Washington, DC is conveniently located on the Metro. Similar to Dulles a metro ride to Union Station offers you access to both the MARC and Amtrak trains to gain access to the downtown Baltimore Area.
Airport Transfers & Directions
All ARVO attendees can receive a 10% discount on a SuperShuttle transfer to/from the local airports, using code 7CH5R. Learn More
Downtown Baltimore is located extremely close to I-95, the downtown Baltimore Area is easily accessible and each hotel offers self-parking or valet services. To access driving directions from local areas Visit Baltimore offers driving directions from the North, South, and West. If you’re looking for more specific directions enter your address into Google maps.
There are two Amtrak train stations in the Baltimore area. The Baltimore Penn Station and the Baltimore – BWI Thurgood Marshall Amtrak stations are approximately a 15 minute taxi ride from Downtown Baltimore. Take a trip with a friend on the Northeast Regional and save 30% on a companion fare. Visit www.amtrak.com/visitbaltimore to purchase tickets.
Major Cities in Proximity to Baltimore
Located in the center of the Mid-Atlantic Baltimore is located near a few other major US cities.
- Washington, DC – Baltimore is just an hour from our Nation’s capital. Accessible with a short drive down I-95 or a quick ride on the Amtrak or MARC train will get you to Union Station.
- Philadelphia, PA– Baltimore is about an hour and a half south of historic Philadelphia, PA by car and about 2 and a half hours via Amtrak.
- New York, NY – A 3 hour train ride on Amtrak separates Baltimore from the eclectic New York City.
- Richmond, VA - a smaller city nestled in the heart of Virginia is located south of Baltimore, about 4 hours on the Northeast Regional train.
- Boston, MA - A ride on an Amtrak Northeast Regional train provides a relaxing 6 hour route between Baltimore and Boston.
- Pittsburgh, PA – while Pittsburgh, isn’t as easily accessible via train, it is just about 4 hours driving from Baltimore, MD.